How to Get Involved
Here’s a quick set of sure-fire steps to getting involved in any church, whether it’s ours or another’s.”
- Attend regularly. We need to know you’re here and committed to making this your church home.
- Arrive a bit early, leave a bit late. That signals that you are indeed committed. You will impress people!
- Attend a Sabbath School class. Listen attentively and make thoughtful comments.
- If someone greets you, get into conversation with them (unless there are a line of other to-be-greeted folks standing behind you). And if someone doesn’t happen to greet you right away, introduce yourself to someone and show an interest in them. Ask their name, and repeat it a couple of times during the conversation.
- Stay for potluck. Our church has potlucks normally on the first and third Sabbaths of each month, just after the worship service concludes. This is where you get to meet other sociable people.
- Come to prayer meeting (Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m. in the sanctuary).
- Explore Sabbath Service and Other Activities to see what happens here. Ask the Lord to eventually connect you with something that fits your spiritual gifts.